How the National ROPS Rebate Program Works
The National ROPS Rebate Program (NRRP) is a voluntary program that provides rebates for approximately 70%* of the cost of purchasing and installing a ROPS (Rollover Protective Structure; rollbar) kit. This rebate covers the ROPS kit (rollbar and seatbelt), shipping, and professional installation, if desired. Note: professional installation is required in Wisconsin; it is highly recommended for all others.
NRRP rebate funding is currently available in New York (NY) and Iowa (IA), with limited funding in select other states; however, the National Tractor Safety Coalition is working to ensure funding across the United States. If you are interested in applying clicking here and a team member will get back to you about the status of funding in your state. You will automatically be added to our waitlist, if needed.
To participate in the National ROPS Rebate Program and receive a rebate, you must follow the steps outlined below:
Farmer enrolls in the NRRP by calling 1-877-767-7748, or by clicking here!
NRRP staff provide sourcing information and cost estimates for eligible ROPS kits.
When ready to purchase, the farmer contacts the NRRP staff for pre-approval. Pre-approval is good for 10 days.
The farmer orders the ROPS kit, and contacts the NRRP hotline with final pricing for the kit, and estimates for shipping and installation (if applicable).
Funding is reserved at this time.
The farmer sends proof of purchase and proof of installation to the NRRP staff. In some states, a W-9 is also required; the NRRP staff will inform you ahead of time.
NRRP staff send the farmer a rebate check for 70% of the cost of the kit, shipping, and installation within 30 days!
*The exact rebate scheme varies slightly from state to state. IA, MN, NH, NY, PA, VT, and WI offer 70%, with a $500 out-of-pocket cap for the farmer (we increase the rebate amount if your cost is greater than $500!). Massachusetts offers a 70% rebate, up to $865; for MA farmers sun canopies purchased with the ROPS kits are also eligible to be rebated.
Rules for Retrofitters:
Our goal is to help provide life-saving ROPS kits to as many farmers as possible. The following rules are intended to; 1) ensure that you are purchasing and installing safe, reliable ROPS kits, and 2) ensure fair distribution of rebate funds. If you have questions about any of these rules, please contact the NRRP hotline staff at (877) 767-7748 or info@ROPSr4u.org.
- ROPS kits must be certified to the appropriate national or international standards. You should talk with your dealer or the ROPS manufacturer about certification standards, and what they mean for you!
- Only ROPS kits intended for your specific tractor (certified/approved by the manufacturer) are allowed.
- Used, certified ROPS kits are only allowed if none are commercially available.
- To receive a rebate, you must 1) be resident of or own farmland in the state in which you are applying for a rebate from, and 2) use the retrofitted tractor for agricultural purposes in that state.
- Rebates are available on a first come first served basis, and are available only by following the steps listed above. Individuals who do not follow the procedure above may not be eligible for a rebate.
- Only one tractor, per farm, per year can be retrofitted in most states. In states with sufficient funding, additional tractors may be allowed. Please contact the National ROPS Rebate Program staff for more information.
Disclaimer: National ROPS Rebate Program staff members cannot provide technical assistance or advice; these types of inquires should instead be directed to your local equipment dealer or the ROPS kit manufacturer. If you need assistance locating a dealer, or connecting with a manufacturer, National ROPS Rebate Program staff can provide this information.